San Mateo UC / VBLOCK SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
As the Senior Systems Administrator in the SaaS Operations organization, this critical individual will be a team player accountable for the architecture and operational support of critical VBLOCK platform, which supports Cisco UCM for telephony communications & other SaaS applications. This individual will work with the SaaS Operations team to ensure that our VBLOCK Platform and Microsoft servers and applications remain highly available.
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
- This individual will apply his/her experience and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- Recommend and drive delivery of future architecture for communications, identity, and patch management services independent of technology provider.
- Provide Tier 3 operational support for existing VBLOCK/MS infrastructure and services, including advanced troubleshooting, SOP preparation to support VBLOCK.
- Respond to critical security incidents in the VBLOCK/Microsoft environment as necessary to ensure advanced persistent threat response and mitigation.
- Establish, build, harden and maintain “golden masters” of MS operating system environments for VMware.
- Establish VBLOCK patch methodology procedures and implementation
- Respond to audit findings and remediation within the Microsoft OS, communications, and identity services.
- 8-10 years of senior IT systems engineering experience in EMC Storage / Cisco UCS.
- Demonstrated, current senior level experience supporting EMC Storage & Cisco UCS in an entrepreneurial company.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft SharePoint technologies, preferred
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare or third party hypervisor technologies–(VMware vCloud Director (vCD),VMware View, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), VMware Orchestrator)
- Demonstrated understanding and adherence of change-control process management required
- Demonstrated solid understanding of Microsoft performance tuning and general systems trouble shooting skills in all levels of Microsoft environments
- VCP – Highly Preferred
- Ideal candidate must have the qualifications to hold security clearance if necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills, gets along well with others.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task, can manage and prioritize several projects to meet deadlines.
- Performs with minimal supervision, works well independently.
- Highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn new technologies.
- Flexible, able to work nights/weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, understands and communicates both inside & outside the organization.