Lead data engineer:
Lead data engineer is responsible for leading data quality / continuous improvement initiatives throughout the Big Data COE organization at AT&T. The individual will provide thought leadership and technical guidance to ensure organization wide access to quality datasets. Must be capable to not only know Data management standards and best practices, but also be driven to create new ones.
- Understand and implement best practices that enable a large organization of AT&T scale derive value from its datasets, especially in the big data context.
- Own data quality measurement and reporting infrastructure that enables use of and confidence in data products built by the organization.
- Lead teams that build the infrastructure and dashboards to support 300+ different datasets. Drive towards consistency and standardization wherever feasible
- Apply statistical modeling, data mining and machine learning techniques as a repeatable process to increase dataset value.
- Enable use of data quality metrics in both static and dynamic applications.
- Ensure data integrity and scalability through enforcement of data standards and dynamic data validation.
- Build tools and methodologies that enable continuous improvement to dataset quality. Create alert mechanisms for notifying support teams when excursions occur.
- Strong foundation in computer science with core competencies in statistics, efficient data structures, algorithm designs, data mining, machine learning
- Ability to dive into big amounts of information and effectively synthesize it into concrete insights and actionable recommendations
- Experienced with network / graph analytics and time series modeling
- Experienced with advanced modeling and statistical analysis against large scale datasets. Must have strong data analysis and/or data quality skills
- Excellent communication and presentation and influence skills and ability to interact appropriately with business owners and technical staff
- Be decisive and assertive and show initiative in problem-solving