Sr. Java/Applications Developer
Responsible for the development, analysis, maintenance and technical support for web, tablet, mobile and TV-based systems and service layers.
Implements the interactive applications services for web, mobile, tablet and TV. Works closely with design, front-end developers and content management teams to ensure app meets organization objectives. Provides written design documents, test plans and test results. Is responsible for system performance optimization, maintenance, and production support and enforcing departmental web policies and standards.
- 5+ years of hands on J2EE (JSP) and/or equivalent modern web development (such as Ruby on Rails, Scala, .NET MVC, PHP/Symfony, Python/Django/Tastypie).
• Sound understanding of web development libraries, platforms, & SDKs like Ruby, Struts, Hibernate, Spring, Swing, AWT, etc.
• Working knowledge of web development principles (web apps, web services, REST, SOAP, dns, etc.)
• Working knowledge of programming principles (SDLC, OOP, analysis & design) & design patterns.
• Cloud based LAMP experience (Apache, NGinx, MySQL, CentOS, Amazon EC2).
• Good understanding XML, SOAP, JSON and Web Services
• Experience developing in Agile dev. processes.
• Experience w/ leaflet, dc.js, d3.js, node.js, backbone.js.
• Experience w/ big data map/reduce platforms like Hadoop & NoSQL.
• Experience w/ mobile development a plus: Objective-C, Android SDK, PhoneGap, Titanium Appcellerator.
• Must have good analysis and communication skills and be a self-starter who loves to learn and explore.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and technical training.