Principal Technical Architect – Big Data Platform Solution and Engineering
Location: Plano, Texas
The primary responsibility of this role will be to focus on platform technology and engineering to solve complex big data problems. The position will be involved in working on new technologies and operationalizing those in the AT&T big data platform space. The responsibilities will vary from hands on coding, designing to consultation, proof of concept and working with customer facing business and pre-sales team in developing solutions for big data business problems.
Key activities include:
- Market research for new technologies in big data platform space and bringing in those technologies to AT&T environment
- Operationalize the platform capabilities in support of AT&T big data business needs
- Develop solutions and architecture patterns on use of platform functionalities
- Work on sandbox and proof of concept environments in bringing up a technology from ideation to prototype to operationalization
- Attends technical workshop with external as well as internal Big data customers to understand their business problem
- Develops technical solution and engineering of internal as well as external Big Data business problems
- Works with other Big data COE architects and SMEs closely to make sure the strategic architecture standards are being used while developing the solution
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Developing solutions Architecture for business problems
- Understanding of Big Data concepts, ecosystem and architecture contexts
- Working experience of AT&T enterprise systems across network, IT
- Experience in working in a challenging environment
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
- Develops Strategic Perspective
- Displays High Integrity and Honesty
- Drives for Results
- Emerging Technologies
- Big Data Industry: Trends & Directions
- Operating Systems and Environments
- Process Management
- Product and Service Design and Development
- Programming Languages
- Quality Management
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
- System and Technology Integration
- Takes Initiative
- Target Architecture
- Technology Architecture
Note: Additional skills / competencies may be added to this specific requisition. During the application process, you will be asked to provide your proficiency and experience with all the skills / competencies associated with the requisition.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 8-10 years related technical architect experience
- Proficient in understanding business problems and developing technical solution to meet the need
- Proficient in picking up new technologies and getting hands on experience on it
- Proficient in engineering cost estimates and economic analyses and models
- Knowledge in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Business Intelligence, Analytics and visualization platforms
- Working experience in Hadoop technologies such as HBase, Hive, YARN, Strom, Spark, Kafka is recommended
- Prior experience in working with handling large dataset is highly required.
- Working experience in programming in multiple environments such as Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js is highly recommended
- Proficient in voice, video, and app technologies/protocols (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.)
- Proficient in network and system architecture (subsystems, interfaces, hw/sw dependencies).
- Proficient in message and conference systems and networks (multiple media, notification, presence, unified communications, video).
- Knowledge in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP network Address Management, Perf, Mgmt).
- Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Delivery Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
Desired Qualifications -
- Enterprise wide deployment planning and support for mission critical applications for major releases, both business and infrastructure related
- Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering is preferred