- Seasoned Cloud Architect level resource with extensive Consultative experience positioning Professional Services to help Fortune 500 customers migrate business applications to IBM and AT&T Cloud architectures. Works in close partnership with core account teams and overlay sellers to discern customer needs and develop custom consulting scope inclusive of application discovery, workload characterization, high level solution alternative development, and migration planning.
- Strong HANDS ON technical background in Cloud and Data Center Transformation design and deployment as well as storage architecture and deployment with significant experience in two or more of the following disciplines:
- IBM Technologies i,p,x and zSeries servers, XIV storage, WebSphere and DB2 software structure
- Advanced Infrastructure (LAN/WAN, routing/switching)
- Data Center (optimization, consolidation, engineering, migrations)
- Security (strategy, roadmap, risk, governance, architecture, policy)
- IT Service Management (strategy, roadmap, architecture, implementation)
- Contact Center (strategy, roadmap, application, optimization)
- Unified Communications (roadmap, readiness, life-cycle, IPT, integration, Microsoft UC)
- IT Transformation (framework, roadmap, strategy)
- Has direct knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous data replication utilizing technologies such as Concurrent SRDF, XRC and MetroMirror
- Understands how orchestration and federation platforms integrate with “as-a-service” offerings.
- Has direct knowledge of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery approaches.
- Initial focus on technical pre-sales and service methodology/delivery approach development which will evolve into a 100% billable field role within year 1, delivering life cycle AT&T Consulting services
- Partners with sales and delivery teams, develops and strengthens relationships with regional IBM teams
- Focuses on developing relationships with Customer CIO’s, CxO, and Lines of Business Owners (HR, Marketing, Finance)
- Owns the “Art of What is Possible” strategy from an IBM-AT&T Cloud Services perspective
- Delivers executive presentations on Cloud and Data Center Transformation strategies for multiple service technologies
- Owns strategy sessions with clients that identifies, shapes & develops potential solutions
- Provides strategic & technical direction to solve customer’s business problems.
- Writes Statements of Work
- Has direct relationship with IBM and IBM’s key partners/vendors, which includes a leadership role in various technology areas to facilitate the development of full, robust customized solutions.
- Shapes Customer Technical Vision and Strategy with respect to Cloud and Data Center Transformation services
- Writes white papers, technical strategy documents and develops repeatable industry solutions.
- Provides market sensing input to the AT&T Product and Marketing teams
- Subject Matter Expert for Customers as well as AT&T Sales, Service Delivery and Technical organizations
- Key contributor to the Technical Knowledge Share Community Portal
- Develops TCO/ROI models for IBM and AT&T’s custom/complex Cloud and Hosting and Applications Services teams
- Develops technical selling strategies for advanced Cloud and Data Center technologies
- Willing and able to travel on average 75%
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree in Science, Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, IT disciplines or Business Administration.
- Certification as an Enterprise Architect preferred. Minimum 10 years working experience in design, implementation and management of global enterprise network systems for a service integrator, global management consulting, technology services, or outsourcing company. Proven history of building Trusted Advisor relationships with strategic clientele
- Attention to detail required ensuring effective planning, implementation and execution
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, “boardroom” presence
- Experienced in leadership, conflict management, and possesses the business acumen needed to discern key business drivers, and financial knowledge to development return on investment models.
- Has written write papers, technical strategy documents and developed repeatable industry solutions.