Server Side Database Developer Big Data
Location: Atlanta, GA
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing operational database support for databases on many different DBMS (database management systems) software levels and versions, utilizing a wide variety of DBMS features, on many different operating system platforms for applications of differing complexities, disaster priority, mission critical designation, strategic initiatives, degree of standardization, practices, and usage of third party software.
- Such responsibilities typically include advanced featured databases for complex environments for high priority applications.
- The operational database support responsibilities include those related to availability, performance, currency, integrity, security, and confidentiality of the database instances, database backups and recoveries, database disaster recovery, database growth and disk space utilization, database problem analysis and resolution, configuration files, operating system account and system level schemas, tablespaces, database patches, database upgrades, database compatibilities, database bugs and workarounds, database vendor support process, database documentation, new database release features and enhancements, special features associated with the physical DBMS (such as clusters), applications consultation, SQL tuning and object management, automation, and project implementation activities, such as physical design and installation of database environments and databases, generally for more complex, technically advanced, high priority projects.
- The position also includes one or more technically-based leadership roles, generally related to more complex and technically advanced databases, for project design and estimating, DBMS product certification, DBMS product or feature subject matter expert/point of contact consultation, direction and guidance regarding database management system features, best practices development and implementation, and standards development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field