As VP of Engineering, you should aspire to manage teams. You should feel very comfortable with our technologies (listed below) but also be able to innovate and expand our current platforms. You will be expected to estimate work units, manage the agile development process and. The VP of Engineering is essential to making sure we meet our deadlines. The VP of Engineering is the head of our IT and Development teams and will also serve our primary technology connection to the board of directors (the owners).
- Recommends methods, materials, and layouts for product/application improvement based on client and company needs.
- Be responsible for producing technology solutions requested by management in a reasonable and timely manner.
- Build a redundant team of developers so that the company can scale and grow quickly without any single point of failure.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and clients and recommend technical solutions.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Direct and prioritize the workload of subordinate personnel.
- Review all product designs, development code and all QA.
- Approve all business requirements before the technical solution.
- Direct education programs for development staff.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or troubleshooting.
- Builds, develop and manage engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
- Conduct interviews and make recommendations for new hires, consultants/contractors and other 3rd parties.
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
Manage a team of 6 (or more) development and IT professionals:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position may require long hours and weekend work as the job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent.
- 8+ years of information technology and/or Software development.
- 5+ Years’ experience building and managing engineering teams.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience managing a team of 20+ engineers and IT professionals.3
- Real Estate/Title software