QA Analyst – NYC – Wall Street – Long term Conract
The QA Analyst is a member of the Quality Assurance-US Team and will be required to work on QA projects for NYSE Arca Exchange platforms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university with a major in computer science, finance or mathematics
Must Have test complete and protractor 3+ experience
Must have 5+ years’ work experience in a QA role.
Must have 3+ Unix (Linux/Solaris) experience required. Scripting in perl or shell is required.
Must be proficient with SQL
Knowledge of SQA methodologies and practices
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Must be a fast learner, flexible and able to work independently on tasks assigned.
Very good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in a highly demanding, fast paced environment
Knowledge of FIX protocol is a must.
Experience with trading and financial applications is a plus
Must Have test complete, Selenium and protractor 3+ experience Key Accountabilities
The role requires frequent interaction with Developers, Business Analysts, Client Support Analysts and other members of the QA team to ensure that collectively we deliver a quality-trading platform to our customers.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Work closely with various members of the IT team and Business to understand business and functional requirements of the project and leverage them to design and develop a comprehensive test plan and test cases to cover project scope.
2. Perform automated functional and regression testing on exchange software releases. Document results, identify discrepancies, troubleshoot and report defects and track them to resolution.
3. Manage software issues and test activities ensuring QA policies and standards are met, throughout the QA testing cycle.
4. Work closely with other QA members to create/maintain regression scripts.
5. Work independently on tasks assigned.