National Practice Lead – Security – San Francisco/Phoenix/Denver – OpenSky
OpenSky is a rapidly growing Professional Services organization that operates on the premise that highly skilled, smart, experienced, and energetic people are the catalyst of any successful enterprise. Our focus lies in delivering information technology (IT) services centered on infrastructure, security, and compliance requirements within our client’s environment. OpenSky’s proven consulting engagement methodology ensures timely delivery of critical technology initiatives. We offer uniquely objective solutions to our clients by providing a vendor-neutral response to complex hardware and software decisions. Our resultant response and delivery relies on qualified consultants that adhere to a project-based approach on every engagement.
At OpenSky, we have a passion for partnering with our customers on their most complex information technology projects. We encourage a spirit of collaboration and open communication with our customers, partners, consultants, and internal teams. Our values include customer-focused excellence, teamwork, open communication, and a sense of urgency in everything we do.
About the Opportunity
OpenSky has an opportunity for an experienced senior professional to join our Security Services Practice as a National Practice Lead. This position will be a significant contributor to the pre-sales, delivery, and overall quality for a variety of security consulting projects within our Northwest (San Francisco, CA) and Southwest (Phoenix, AZ) regions. The ideal candidate will be based in San Francisco, Phoenix, or Denver.
- Lead delivery of solutions to clients independently or as a team lead
- Support identification of new opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensure that the engagement managers delivering in the region have support from the practice to ensure consistent delivery of methodologies.
- Lead security related projects
- Provide thought leadership in security environments with customers and interactions with CISO’s
- Lead information Security interactions with Stakeholders.
- Assist in engagement management activities, where needed: Statement of Work creation, resourcing for engagements, Scoping of projects – including pricing, etc.
- Contribute to National Practice Development
- Provide thought leadership and create associated documentation such as presentations and whitepapers
- Assisting in the development of emerging practice offerings.
- 7 to 10 plus years of experience in the industry in consulting and the corporate environment with primary experience in professional services
- Client facing Professional Services experience in a project or service delivery leadership role. Project estimation/scope and staff resourcing to identify the appropriate employee/consultants for successful project delivery or equivalent IT management experience.
- Industry Standard Certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, etc.) preferred
- Advanced degrees (e.g., Masters, MBA, etc.) preferred
Expected Skill Sets:
- Broad experience and expert understanding of IT Risk Management (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, Information Security, and Supply Chain Information Risk Management)
- Broad understanding and experience with industry standards, frameworks, and regulations including but not limited to: ISO 27000 series, COBIT, NIST SP 800-53, HIPAA, GLBA, OCTAVE, privacy and data breach notification laws, PCI DSS, etc.
- Technical experience and expert understanding of:
- Network security engineering and architecture
- Risk, vulnerability and threat assessments
- Information security strategy, architecture and framework design
- Tools and technology implementations (e.g., firewall and application level firewalls, data leakage prevention, digital rights management, IDS / IPS, etc.)
- SIEM, GRC, Identity Management
- Third party and insider risk management
- Readiness and compliance assessments
- Information security program implementations
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery experience a plus
- Merger and acquisition integration experience a plus
- Strong project management and communication skills and able to work independently while being a team player
- Experience managing professional services projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional customer presence and dedication to customer service
- Significant experience managing professional services projects
- Business development experience
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Budget and finance experience
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
OpenSky Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.