Federal Tax Senior Manager – Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New York, Louisville
Actively recruiting for this in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New York, Louisville
This client is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” They use their deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping their clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With more than 3,000 personnel, They have offices coast to coast and are recognized by many organizations as one of the country’s best places to work. They serve clients worldwide and are part of one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
- This role is requires the oversight of multiple client service teams and the proven ability to plan, direct, execute and complete tax projects and compliance efforts across a variety of industries.
- Will economically and efficiently manage projects including billing and accounts receivable responsibilities.
- Conduct review of federal and state income tax returns for corporate, S corp., partnership and individual clients.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Provide innovative tax planning strategies and compliance expertise to clients; perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed
- A senior manager is a critical member of the local tax office team, providing thought leadership to the partner group while actively developing and mentoring staff and managers.
- Manage, develop, and mentor staff/managers on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback.
- Work closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate efficient standard operating procedures and practice development skills using a team approach to client service.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, MST is a plus
At least 8+ years experience in public accounting; strong preference for Big 4 or large regional firm experience.
Advanced technical and tax accounting skills in the areas of: corporate, partnership, and individual taxation with a consulting mindset
Proven leadership skills in managing client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and interactive team environment to meet and exceed client expectations.
Ability to mentor and develop tax staff and managers
Exceptional client service and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
Ability to identify value-added opportunities and work in a team environment to develop business
Personal drive to develop self/others and provide leadership insight to the local tax team
Interested parties please send your resume to email@example.com