State and Local Tax Senior Manager – San Francisco and Miami
Actively recruiting for this in San Francisco and Miami
This client is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” They use their deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping their clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With more than 3,000 personnel, They have offices coast to coast and are recognized by many organizations as one of the country’s best places to work. They serve clients worldwide and are part of one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
The position will be responsible to lead, plan, and oversee all aspects of the State and Local Tax practice in the Miami and San Francisco offices, respectively, in one of the nations 10 largest public accounting firms.
This role requires:
- The oversight of multiple client service teams and the proven ability to plan, direct, and execute tax projects and compliance efforts across a variety of industries, including Manufacturing & Distribution, Retail, Technology, etc.
- Proven ability to economically and efficiently manage a wide range of projects, to include billing and accounts receivable responsibilities.
- Function as a community business leader through continuous networking activities at both professional and community based events.
- Ensure that quality tax standards are being practiced in the course of providing client service.
- Work within budgetary and time constraints while providing high-level client satisfaction.
- Confirm that all necessary financial statement disclosures and related deliverables are prepared accurately and in collaboration with the assurance practice.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively work with clients to continuously anticipate and resolve business issues.
Develop and promote new ideas and business solutions that result in successful attraction of new clients as well as extended services to existing clients.
- Develop managers and staff and serve as a role model, providing coaching, mentoring, and training to staff members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong focus on increased development of appropriate tax clientele in the
- Leadership of client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and
interactive team environment with the goal of meeting and exceeding client
- Mentoring and development of tax staff and managers
- Active participation in campus as well as experienced hire recruiting process
- Collaboration with the assurance practice on all financial statement state tax
- Maintaining excellent relations with staff and clients
- Remaining aware of new developments and the firms standards and policies
Candidates for the State and Local Tax Senior Manager/Director role should have
experience or be capable of performing in the following areas:
- Have or be able to quickly build an active network of business contacts and
referral sources in the Miami market.
- Actively participate with the development, communication and execution of an
integrated growth strategy involving all business units operating within the
- Build a dedicated and motivated team of tax professionals to accomplish the
vision and strategy and to position Crowe as a leader to these market segments.
- Assume responsibility for tax sales and marketing efforts in the Miami
- Integrate and leverage firm wide thought leadership efforts in developing the
market for tax services.
- Develop new client relationships and be capable of managing all aspects of
- Work effectively within a team oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting with a Big 4 firm, a national CPA
firm, a large regional accounting firm, or a mid-size firm with a strong
commercial services client base
- CPA required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and team building experience
- Strategic and organizational planning experience
- Sales and marketing experience, with proven business development skills
- Ability to work within budgetary and time constraints
Interested parties please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org