A Principal Architect is a senior-level consultant that is often engaged as the technical primary project lead and architect. This seasoned consultant should have a track record of strong leadership, professional business acumen, polished oral and written communication, documentation and presentation skills. Also, he/she should be well-rounded and adept at leading consultative engagements, assessing network environments, and architecting designs for data center and network solutions, and creating meaningful, cohesive deliverables.
An AT&T Principal Architect/Consultant is expected to become accustomed to and follow an established, repeatable methodology, leverage appropriate templates, actively participate in or facilitate status meetings, report status, and attend other required project meetings, including lessons’ learned meetings, complete all administration, reports and mandatory compliance training on time and as directed. The Principal Architect will also stay abreast of the latest marketing trends or chief concerns in their profession and participate in National Practice operations, process improvement and training calls, and take accountability for their own professional development and career growth, as well as sharing knowledge with others.
• As a member of a team of advanced infrastructure consultants and senior consultants, you will use your in-depth knowledge of networking to design and implement solutions for our clients.
• Responsible for consulting project activities from client identification through final invoicing.
• Fulfills billable consulting service projects.
• Acts as the subject matter expert within a specific discipline.
• Typically leads an engagement team, consisting of other Consultants and/or Sr. Consultant, or may be the sole consulting resource on a project.
• Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and deployment.
• Typically viewed as a mentor or coach.
• Creates recommendation and implements new methods, techniques and /or procedures.
At AT&T Consulting, you will be working with the best in the industry. Here is what you should bring to the table:
• 10+ years of experience in the planning, design and implementation of complex networks as part of a large enterprise network team, or within the professional services or network integration environments.
• Planning, design and integration of secure network technology.
• A positive, energetic attitude and a serious desire to have an impact on your company and the industry.
• Accomplished at developing Visio designs/diagrams and documenting professional, cohesive deliverables. Sample deliverables will be requested as evidence of documentation skills.
• Verifiable strong ethics, trustworthiness, accountability and reliability in being resourceful and self-directed while possessing both a positive leadership and collaborative teamwork style.
• Thorough understanding of internetworking technologies and how technologies are deployed in complex, global networks. IPv4 and IPv6 experience.
• WAN Expertise – Transport and Access Planning, Design and Deployment Experience
o Experience in analysis and selection of transport and access technologies including; MPLS, Private Line, Hybrid WAN, Internet Complex, Ethernet, Internet VPN, Sonet/SDH & DWDM, and wireless.
o MPLS Integration including MPLS equipment & transport selection, QoS, MPLS IP Routing and MPLS migration planning/transition
• LAN Expertise – Planning, Design and Deployment Experience
o Experience in equipment selection, sizing and detailed engineered design
o Data center expertise including core, distribution and segmentation
o Wireless equipment selection, sizing and detailed engineered design
o Layer 2 vs Layer 3 segmentation
o Virtualization using path segmentation (GRE, VRF-Lite, L3VPN’s, L2VPN’s)
• IP Routing – Planning, Design & Deployment Experience
o IP Routing Protocols – OSPF, BGP, M-BGP, EIGRP capabilities and corresponding configurations.
o IP Addressing – NAT, DNS/DHCP, Address Summarization as it impacts IP addressing and IP routing.
• Data Center Expertise – DC Core Network Planning, Design and Deployment Experience
o Experience in analysis, design, engineering and deployment of DC core networks built on legacy architectures and fabric enabled architectures.
o Experience with Load Balancing, DNS/DHCP, NAT, WANx and Proxies
o Experience with separation and segmentation technologies (VLAN, VRF)
o Experience with network virtualization technologies
o Experience with Cisco ACI SDN technologies
• Network Equipment – Strong knowledge of features, functionality and configurations for Cisco Systems, Nortel, Juniper, Extreme Networks, etc.
• Firewall design, configuration, network segmentation and implementation experience, such as Cisco ASA, CheckPoint, Fortinet, etc.
• Understanding of load-balancing, F5 experience is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with voice platforms (Cisco IPT, Avaya, etc.) and/or unified communications integrations is also a significant plus.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Industry Certifications CCIE, or proven equivalent experience with CCNA, CCNP or CISSP
• Very strong leadership, documentation, project management skills.
• Ability to lead, coordinate complex networking engagements for very large environments in a nebulous or unfamiliar setting.
• Ability to travel for engagement requirements.
• US Citizen