Unified Communications Sr. Consultant
Job Location: Oakton, VA / Washington, DC Metro Area
Clearance Req’t: US Citizen; Must be able to pass a financial and criminal background check and drug screening; Must be clearable
A seasoned and strategic thought leader in large scale multi-vendor Unified Communications (UC) solutions. Require full life cycle architecture, design and deployment expertise.
- Engage in key engagements and lead teams in the delivery of AT&T Consulting’s UC service portfolio
- Ability to manage and exceed client expectations for delivery including facilitated meetings, whiteboard sessions, presentations, deliverables and weekly communications with client and engagement managers on status and health of the projects. Strong business acumen and strategic customer interaction, including workshops and Strategy and Roadmap deliverables is key.
- Deliver and lead strategy, readiness and other assessments, architecture and complex multi-vendor integration services.
- Support Unified Communications Practice initiatives as a collaborative team. Foster the development of standardized templates and Knowledge Management artifacts to improve field self-sufficiency.
Education and Certifications
- Hands-on experience in UC for large, complex, and multi-vendor environments
- 15+ years industry experience and 5 years of experience in Microsoft Technologies Consulting (Active Directory, Exchange & Lync)
- Strategic IT Consulting experience
- Strong documentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Industry certifications applicable to UC
- Must have a strong UC Voice Specialization
- Microsoft Certified Master and/or Microsoft Certified Architect or CCIE-Voice (desired)
Business and Technical Skills:
- Unified Communications (Microsoft Lync 2010/2013 and/or Cisco Jabber) architecture, design and implementation expertise
- Unified Communications readiness assessment and strategy & roadmap development defining when and how to migrate from the current installed base to new services
- Participated in past Microsoft and/or Cisco Customer/Partner programs and training events (i.e. Voice Partner Program, TAP, Lync Ignites, Cisco Live, etc.)
- Unified Communications Architecture, Design and Integration experience
- Transformation from existing voice, conferencing and related services environment to an integrated Unified Communications platform.:
- TDM to IP based voice solutions, including Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, Siemens
- Conferencing solutions such as Cisco, LifeSize, Polycom, and SMART Technologies
- Voice and messaging integration with Microsoft Lync premise, Lync Online and other Hosted/Managed Services
- Unified Messaging experience with Avaya, Cisco and Microsoft solutions
- Deployment experience with media gateway including ACME Packet, AudioCodes and Sonus
- SIP Trunking solutions
- Customer use case scenarios
- Data center network re-engineering
- Internet access engineering
- WAN acceleration and content distribution
- QoS, Multicast, IP traffic engineering (desired)
- Outstanding written/verbal communications and presentation skills with experience in VP and CxO level interaction and facilitation of diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Distinguished interpersonal skills and responsiveness supporting customers
- Ability and wiliness to assist sales and field management in expanding and development of new business opportunities